PACU RN - Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse - 1126190
Reference ID: 1126190
The PACU nurse is responsible for assessing the patient post anesthesia: checking vital signs, pain, the site of incision, temperature, respirations and assessing cognitive functioning. The PACU nurse should have a thorough knowledge of pain medication and be able to use his/her own judgment of a patients pain. Duties of a PACU nurse include changing of dressings, turning a patient, teaching breathing exercises and pain management.
The PACU nurse is specialty trained to assess the patients post-surgery condition and report any complications that may have arisen to the physician. The PACU must be able make judgments and assessments when it comes to pain, vomiting or trouble breathing. A PACU nurse is responsible for knowing advanced cardiac life support and maintaining the patient’s hemodynamic stability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, keeping track of acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR AND ACLS.
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times. Individual client job descriptions with unit’s specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)